Hurricane Idalia's center is moving into Southern Georgia as a category 1 system. High water levels continue along Florida's Gulf Coast and Big Bend regions.
ABOUT 15 MI...20 KM SSE OF VALDOSTA GEORGIA
ABOUT 165 MI...265 KM SW OF SAVANNAH GEORGIA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90 MPH...150 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 30 DEGREES AT 20 MPH...31 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...971 MB...28.68 INCHES
Watches and Warnings in Effect:
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Englewood northward to Aucilla River Florida, including Tampa Bay
* St. Catherine's Sound Georgia to South Santee River South Carolina
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* Suwanee River westward to Indian Pass Florida
* Altamaha Sound Georgia to Edisto Beach South Carolina
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Bonita Beach northward to Suwanee River Florida, including Tampa Bay
* Sebastian Inlet Florida to the North Carolina/Virginia border
* Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Bonita Beach northward to Englewood, including Charlotte Harbor
* Mouth of the St. Mary's River to St. Catherine's Sound Georgia
* Beaufort Inlet to Ocracoke Inlet North Carolina
* Neuse and Pamlico Rivers North Carolina
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Mouth of the St. Mary's River to Altamaha Sound
* Edisto Beach to South Santee River South Carolina