District enacts additional safety measures
Columbus, GA –In light of the latest guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the District will postpone the instruction packet pick up scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 and Wednesday, April 8.
Prior to the information recently released by the CDC, the District planned to proceed with this process underprior approval received from the Governor’s Office as an essential function of the Executive Order issued last week. However, as we approach what is deemed to be a pivotal point in exposure and transmission, we are placing safety first.
The Student Learning Continuity plan and alternate meal services will continue to be delivered as outlined:
- A contingency plan is under development for our students who depend upon the printed packets for instruction. Further details will be provided.
- This change only impacts the physical printed packets.
- Digital-based student learning will continue as outlined by the Student Learning Continuity Plan, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Completed work should remain at each student’s home until schools resume normal operating hours.
- Teachers will continue to make contact with students and parents at least once per week and observe office hours Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Based on the latest guidelines provided by the USDA, parents no longer are required to bring their students with them to receive meals.
- Meals will be delivered without contact, while maintaining a social distance in accordance with CDC guidelines, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the locations listed below:
·Baker Middle School
·Carver High School
·J.D. Davis Elementary School
·Dawson Elementary School
·Double Churches Middle School
·Fox Elementary School
·Key Elementary School
·Spencer High School
Bus delivery sites:
·Elizabeth Canty Apartments
·Eagle Trace Apartments
·Former 30th Avenue Preschool (151 30th Avenue)
·Jordan High School
·Kendrick High School (front of school area)
·Victory Mission (3200 Plateau Drive)
·Warren Williams Apartments
Contingency plans for end-of-year activity schedules, to include graduation, are under development. Details are forthcoming.