Purchase your tickets here
How Does A Reverse Raffle Work?
1. All raffle tickets are placed in the raffle drum.
2. The matching ticket numbers are placed on a grid in the showroom for public display and will be crossed off as tickets are drawn.
3. A Car Raffle volunteer will draw one ticket stub out of the raffle drum and cross off the number on the display.
****These tickets drawn are NOT the winners****
4. This will continue until there are only nine (9) tickets remaining (Nine of the ten tickets will receive prizes who do not win the car).
5. The ten (10) tickets will then be matched to their coordinating numbers on the grid and secured until the final drawing on October 17th. All remaining ticket holders will be contacted (per the information on the ticket) to invite them to the Evening at the Bo. Remaining tickets will be placed in a drum at the event and the final drawdown will commence. A Car Raffle volunteer will continue drawing tickets and matching the ticket numbers at the Bo Bartlett Center on October 17th beginning at 8:30 p.m. until the final ticket is drawn.
6. The last ticket (1) will be declared the winner of the vehicle, and the other nine (9) tickets will receive a prize at the Bo Bartlett Center.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know my raffle ticket will be in the raffle drum? ALL raffle tickets purchased are matched to their coordinating numbers on the windows and then placed in the raffle drum before the raffle. Because this is a reverse raffle, ALL ticket numbers will be announced out loud at some point during the raffle. Be sure to listen out for your raffle ticket number!
How will the winners be contacted? Winners will be contacted via the phone number provided on the ticket. If winners cannot be reached by phone, they will be contacted by email and certified mail. If a vehicle winner or legal representative of the winner does not claim their prize within 5 business days, the second to the last ticket drawn from the raffle bin on the final day of the drawing (October 17) will be proclaimed the winner.
If I win a Mercedes-Benz, how much are the taxes? Mercedes-Benz winners will be required to fill out the appropriate IRS W-G2 and W9 forms and to pay the tax liability of 24% of the fair market value of the prize in addition to local sales taxes and fees. Please also refer to your accountant for exact details on tax preparation.
Can the Mercedes-Benz winners upgrade their prize? Absolutely! Vehicle winners may choose a Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 or more, but will be required to pay the difference in cost and any additional taxes.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
The Car Raffle is only open to legal United States residents, 18 years of age or older at the time of the drawing. The Car Raffle is subject to federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited. Mercedes-Benz winner will be required to fill out the appropriate IRS W-G2 and W9 forms and to pay the tax liability of 24% of the fair market value of the prize in addition to local sales taxes and fees. If the vehicle winner chooses a Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 or up, they are responsible for the difference in cost and any additional taxes. The vehicle winner is also responsible for all other costs and unspecified expenses. The vehicle winner must provide a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance at time of delivery. The winner will be contacted at the time of the final drawing via the phone number provided on their entry if not present at the time. If no phone number was provided, they will then be contacted by the address and email address provided. If a vehicle winner does not claim their prize within 5 business days, the second to the last ticket drawn from the raffle bin on the day of the drawing will be proclaimed the winner. The last nine (9) tickets before the winner is drawn will receive gift cards with no taxes due. In the event that at least 350 tickets are not distributed, a cash award of $10,000 will be awarded. No more than 958 tickets will be accepted. All ticket sales are final. Winners do not need to be present to win. By purchasing a raffle ticket for entry into the Car Raffle, participants agree to the Official Rules and decisions made by the CSU Alumni Association, which are final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Car Raffle, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Mercedes-Benz of Columbus, Columbus State University, CSU Alumni Association, CSU Foundation, iHeart Media, and employees for all previously listed organizations for all liabilities regarding the Car Raffle. Mercedes-Benz of Columbus, Columbus State University, CSU Alumni Association, CSU Foundation and iHeart Media is not responsible for any incorrect, misused language, technical errors, or human errors in processing Car Raffle entries.